Friday, December 26, 2008

With Mind Traveler almost done, I'm itching for a new story

I said that Mind Travler is almost done...almost. But not quite. I'm over 250 pages and just lingering for an unknown ending. How does it end? I have no idea. I'm wondering if I should begin my next book with the ending so I can avoid this pitfall. Speaking of the next story, I won't be writing details because I'm afraid of inspiring a better writer to beat me to the punch on this idea. It will be great, though. I will write about the characters and their interactions, but not about who they really are. It should be a really fun book to write, though. I've already got it mostly outlined. A title is still elusive since the one I first had is already taken.

I've written a little since we've been in Michigan, but hardly at all. I had thought of some new ideas for my next book on the plane over, so I had to get them down. And I wrote another page in Mind Traveler, delineating some possibilities and impossibilities in that fantastic world.

Mostly, I'm feeling excited about my writing, but a bit reticent to jump back into it until after this vacation. There are many difficult writing decisions to be made in the near future. And I want to do things right.

Sorry to be vague, but that's how it has to be on a public blog sometimes. Take care, my devoted following. :-)

No comments: