Monday, November 17, 2008

In the cities, they forget God--story idea

"In the cities, they forget God; they can't see the stars at all." -Sariah Burke

A whole concept framed around this single quote that popped into my head as I searched for stars from the ground in a city in southern California. City vs. country life. A girl forced to move to the city who longs for quieter, one-with-nature country life. That's it. Pretty abstract so far.


MIND TRAVELER UPDATE: I haven't written anything today. I just finished Breaking Dawn, the last in the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. It made me look at my own work with a more critical eye. Meyer is so artful, even in places where you don't expect to see art. Her colorful imagery and beautiful similes put me to shame. I'll have to work on that.

No comments: