Saturday, November 15, 2008

My personal intro on a Stephenie Meyer fan site:

I'm a happily married mom of a toddler boy who is going to love to read someday since he is always copying mommy. :-) I have a lot in common with the author because I'm a Mormon girl from Arizona who went to BYU and majored in English. :-)

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series was recommended to me by both of my parents and several cousins before I finally gave in to peer pressure and read it. I'm an aspiring novelist in the middle of my third "practice" novel, so reading her first novel gave me several pangs of jealousy that it seems to come so easily to her! But I have to admit that I absolutely love love love the way she writes. She is not Bella, and yet she successfully convinces you that she is, and really weaves a story using what the ever-perceptive Bella sees--and what she doesn't see. It's remarkable, especially when I visited her web site and read the story of how she came to write the series.

But even though reading her series made me feel envious of her skills, it also inspired me to be more bold, and more myself in my writing. The honesty in her works is delightful, and I try to emulate that in my own first-person stories. I wish there were a way for me to write her a letter to express how much I appreciate her for the inspiration that she is to all beginning writers.

Thank you, Stephenie Meyer!

Oh, and of course I'm pro-Edward for Bella, but I married my Jacob and never regretted it one day. Being married to my best friend is the most comfortable and peaceful state I could hope for. Especially since glittering vampires don't really exist. :-)

No comments: